Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Countdown to Change

Joshua woke up three times last night crying. Caleb is being a little bit more hyper than usual. And the dog won't eat.

Change is brewing. Everyone can feel it.

There are two big suitcases sitting at the top of the stairs ready to come down. The boys are going to grandma's house on Thursday. I've tried to picture this goodbye a hundred times in my head. I'm trying to come up with a way to will myself not to cry. If I don't cry, maybe they won't either. I know they are safer here. I know they are in good hands. I know it's the right thing to do. I just have to do it.

Then on Friday, we leave for Beijing.

In all the furry of activity, the packing, the excitement and the nervousness, it really comes down to one thing. There's a little girl who is halfway across the world. And she only has three more nights without a mommy and daddy.

Three more nights. Then everything changes. For everyone. For our daughter.

1 comment:

  1. It's never easy to leave your kids, especially when you are going overseas for a couple of weeks. Praying for you all!
    Sandy Abraham

    ReplyDelete