Friday, October 30, 2009

Finally Some Sleep

Deciding on a special needs adoption and actually living through the treatment and surgeries are two very different things. Princess is in much more pain than I thought. I am exhausted, stressed, worried, but glad it's over.

Honestly, I am not looking forward to 4 more surgeries in the next 5 to 10 years. I don't like to see her hooked up to monitors or in pain. But I am thankful for the care she is getting. I'm thankful that we live in a country where being born with a cleft really isn't that big of a deal. It can be fixed. She will live a full life. She will learn to talk.

Princess is finally in a deep sleep. The docs are hoping to release her tomorrow. We decided last week that Jonathan would be the one to spend the night with her and I'd go home. He does so much better on no sleep than I do.

So I am heading home before I'm too foggy and tired to drive. I'll be back tomorrow morning and hopefully all three of us will be home by dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, Jonathon, I pray all goes well tonight and that some form of normalcy will return. Recently my wife had to stay overnight with our daughter Abigail in the cardiac unit at Children's Memorial and that was certainly a rough time. My wife stayed and I went home to care for Abigail's twin sister, Rachel. Know that the Lord wants to give you rest and I pray that he gives you an extra dose of grace. :)

    ReplyDelete